Fast-Action Editing: Rapid Revision for Power-Packed Writing, focuses on measurable learning outcomes. Expect "Engage and Apply"...active. learning-by-doing...from this course.
In this course, you apply specific editing/ revision strategies, one at a time; then you combine these skills. This improves your ability to sell your material.
You also interact with the course author, and other course participants...to assess your writing, editing and publishing goals. You measure improvements to your writing as you go.
Application and Performance (AnP), not passive video-watching determines your success.
The course runs for 16 to 18 weeks, and concludes at the end of Week 18...whether you complete the course or not.
This means that you need to keep to an Application and Performance (AnP) schedule.
You will need to...
- Revise and submit the Pre-Editing/ Revision Assessment
- Participate in the Personal Performance Learning Interactive Module
You also need to set Personal Performance Learning "Real-World Success Target" Goals
- Complete the "It's your Turn" editing/ revision tasks (Assignments) for each Action Step and complete the four final Challenge editing/ revision tasks
- Post each assignment for Instructor and Peer Review
- Comment on the Assignment Submissions of two (2) Course Mates
- Post comments for each of 13 Module Discussion Questions
- Complete the "Self Check" Quiz for each module before progressing to the next module
- Revise and submit the Post-Editing/ Revision Assessment
In other words, you must...
- Apply course writing, editing and revision concepts to writing tasks
- Interact, collaborate and participate with Course Mates, and
- Measure your improved editing and revision skills against Real-World Targets
Real-World Targets include any and all positive responses and reactions from...
- Clients and Customers
- Writing Awards
- Writing Contest Wins
- Readers - who are not your friends and relatives
Real-World Success Measures include any...
- Book advances
- Published books, eBooks, articles, Letters to the Editor )
- Blog Posts (not your own Blog), Forum Comments
- Press Releases
- Websites and Web Pages (your own site, customers', clients' sites
- Book and other awards
- Writing accepted in a book club
- Information Products
- Accepted Queries
- Cover Letters for projects that receive the "Go Ahead"
- Grants Awarded
- Job Promotions
Real-World Evidence can be anything that documents your improved writing skills. Flexible and creative measures that improve your status as a writing professional.
Increase your publications, advances, content sales, book awards, job promotions, salary, and other professional benefits from writing.
You must complete this course within the 18-week timeline.
You can complete the course at a faster pace, but the course management software requires that you complete one module before advancing to the next.
To complete this course means that you must...
- Complete a Pre-Course and Post-Course Assessment Edit/ Revision
- Submit edited/revised writing assignments for each module (15)
- Comment on, evaluate and assess the writing assignments submitted by two Course Mates
- Answer the Discussion Questions for each Module that lists a Discussion Question (13)
- Evaluate your writing improvement as you apply course activities with Checklists and Rubrics
Manage your Time
Make a commitment to meet course activity timelines.
Create a schedule and stick to it. Allocate time to complete this course.
Please respond to Course Mates in a kind, positive way. Make this a positive, creative, happy learning experience.
Author and publisher
Certified Continuing Education Online Instructor
Texas Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
Texas Licensed Professional Counselor Continuing Education Provider
Start•---------- Action Step #1
Start•---------------- Step #1 Explanation
Start•----------------------- Step #1 Mind Map
Start•---------------- Step #1 Example: How-To Tutorial
Start•---------------- Step #1 Edited Example Revision
Start•---------------- Step #1 Unedited Sample
Start•----------------------- Step #1 Performance Measures
Start•---------------- Step #1 Discussion
Start•---------------- Step #1 "It's your Turn" Assignment
Start•----------------------- Step #1 Application Checklist